The Automation Engineer ensures successful completion of both company and client objectives at the project level. The main focus of the Automation Engineer is quality design, development, installation and fulfillment of processes and systems utilized for project execution.
Primary Job Functions
- Project Fulfillment (Technical)
- Entry level design and development of automation systems within a team.
- Modifies and maintains automation systems.
- Tests, troubleshoots and provides solutions to technical problems.
- Writes computer software and programs as necessary.
- Contributes to project installation, commissioning, project closure, and inspections/reporting.
- Participate in the following project tasks:
- Project Kickoff
- System Design / Procurement
- Programming / Configuration
- SAT / Commissioning
- Close-out Documentation
- Project Fulfillment (Customer Service/Quality)
- Contributes to overall compliance and quality of projects.
- Manages time and expenses within the allotted project budget.
- Provides project level consultancy and client service.
- Strong communication skills, especially during sensitive situations.
Secondary Job Functions
- Maintains awareness of future opportunities at customer facilities and informs management.
- Demonstrates and fosters maturity in judgment, ethics, and integrity.
- Strong decision-making skills, situational awareness and ability to perform under pressure.
- Understands others and demonstrates cognitive and behavioral flexibility (Emotional Intelligence).
- Possesses Business & Financial Acumen.
- Possesses an appreciation of business demands (schedule, scope, budget and customer requirements).
- Ability to analyze and evaluate work processes, workflow and budgets to maintain successful project delivery.
- Demonstrates effective organizational, time management and planning skills.
- Demonstrates flexibility/adaptability in changing and challenging situations.
- Demonstrates a passion for the business and its success.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrates a focus on customer service and attention to detail.
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuous personal, peer and process improvement.
- Fosters positive energy, creativity, and teamwork across all departments/locations with a goal of furthering the company values and to support the company mission.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 3 years of related experience (Electrical, Computer, Chemical or other Engineering/Technical degree).
- Proficient with multiple automation system platforms including DCS, PLC, HMI, SCADA, and other applicable systems.
- Interest in Computer programming, robotics or other highly technical systems.
- May possess relevant intern, co-op and or basic work experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Reliable personal transportation with valid liability insurance.
- Fluent in verbal and written English.
- Ability to bend, stoop, crawl, walk and push, pull and lift 50+lbs for an extended period.
- Available for after-hours, weekend and holidays.
- Available for overnight and extended travel.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: In Office Baton Rouge or New Orleans
InCentrik Company Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- IRA with Company Match
InCentrik is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.